São Paulo Climate & Temperature
- São Paulo, Brazil is at 23°30'S, 46°37'W, 792 m (2598 ft). See map.
- São Paulo has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification São Paulo is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 19.3 degrees Celsius (66.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6.6 °C (11.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 22.3°C (72.1°F) on average falling to 12.3°C (54.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 24.9°C (76.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 15.3°C (59.5°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.2°C (81°F) and average low temperatures are 18.4°C (65.1°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25.1°C (77.2°F) during the day and lows of 16.1°C (61°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1454.8 mm (57.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1454.8 Litres/m² (35.68 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1948 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Sao Paulo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Minamidaitojima, Japan where you would find a Humid subtropical climate.
São Paulo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
São Paulo Climate Graph in Metric Units
São Paulo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of São Paulo, Brazil Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Lavras, Brazil - 301.9 kms (187.6 miles) NNE
- Machado, Brazil - 216.2 kms (134.3 miles) NNE
- Sao Lourenco, Brazil - 226.1 kms (140.5 miles) NE
- Vassouras, Brazil - 325.9 kms (202.5 miles) ENE
- Pirai, Brazil - 294.2 kms (182.8 miles) ENE
- Campos Do Jordao, Brazil - 135.8 kms (84.4 miles) NE
- Ecol. Agricula, Brazil - 309.8 kms (192.5 miles) ENE
- Santa Cruz, Belize - 310.2 kms (192.7 miles) ENE
- Angra Dos Reis, Brazil - 241 kms (149.8 miles) ENE
- Ubatuba, Brazil - 158.2 kms (98.3 miles) E
- Santos, Brazil - 57 kms (35.5 miles) SSE